Pensioner – Enter Shakira (2011)
It’s hard to say what I like most about Pensioner at the moment. Let me count the ways…
1) They’re the most misleadingly-entitled rabble since The Barenaked Ladies.
2) Their melodic and raucous debut album, ‘Yearlings’ (Olive Grove), has the finest track titles this side of Half Man Half Biscuit.
3) Their Bandcamp page defines their sound as “indie jazz rock Dundee”…
4) Their album comes replete with directions to make an origami horse.
5) These Jute city dudes make stadium-baiting, loveable, wily rock ‘n’ roll.